Mr. Lucas is one of RUSH’s Lead Superintendents for construction services. Mr. Lucas has over thirty years of experience in the construction industry, and over twenty years of experience as a construction manager for General Contractors on various government and Aerospace/Aviation projects at Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral Air Station, Patrick Air Force Base, and Vandenberg Air Force Base. Most experience has been in on-site supervision and management of Construction Production, Quality, Safety and Environmental programs for the construction of Aerospace Launch and Launch Support Facilities.
Mark has over 36 years experience as a hands-on Field Superintendent and Quality Control Manager and brings tremendous depth and versatility to any construction team performing duties such as supervision, reading and interrupting drawings and submittals, performing daily field direction of general trades’ construction activities, implementing and sequencing construction operations and directing safety, security and quality control programs to minimize disruption on the projects operations. Mark is a true asset to the RUSH team and has gone above and beyond to complete successful projects on-time and within budget.
- Licensed General Contractor State of Florida
- AAS Engineering Technology, Community College of the Air Force
- Noncommissioned Officers Leadership School
- LEED® Accredited Professional Building Design & Construction
- Florida Certified General Contractor
- Revitalization of the Operations and Checkout Facility Phase V, Repave O&C Parking Lots, Replacement of Offline Roof, South Wing O&C, KSC, FL $11,300,000.00
- Launch Complex 39B Construct Lightning Protection System, NASA, KSC, FL $28,800,000.00, Construction (3) 594 foot lightning protection towers with catenary wire system.
- VAB Roof Refurbishment, KSC, FL $13,000,000.00, Demolition and roof replacement, 535 feet tall, 250,000 square feet of roof area.
- Vertical Integration Facility, CCAFS, FL $24,000,000.00 Structural steel fabrication and erection at Launch Complex 41
- Central Plant Improvements, Orlando International Airport, $2,600,000.00, Demolition and replacement of new chiller unit and piping
- Wastewater Treatment Plant, CCAFS, FL $11,000,000.00, Demolition, removal and installation of new wastewater treatment facility