Essential Duties and Overall Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following, as other duties may be assigned:
- Handles clients’ needs with a sense of Urgency
- Adapts to different clients individual personalities, needs and wants
- Handles misc. owner requests without objection
- Participates in Owner, Architect Contractor meetings
- Understands and exceeds client expectations
- Works with Project Manager to ensure good decisions for the company and project during the buyout process
- Practices good negotiating skills, understand overlap between subcontractors
- Fully reviews drawings & specifications in preparation of subcontractor scope
- Understands contract documents and identifies gaps in scope
- Identifies lead times for materials purchases and tracksfabrication
- Maintains and updates Purchasing Schedule
- Initiates Commitments through ProCore per Approved PM Procedures.
- Maintains open communication with subcontractors
- Reviews subcontractor change order proposals for accuracy of quantities,conformance with contract documents and subcontractor scope of work
- Maintains & assists PM with preparation of Weekly Project Update accurately and on time
- Initiates gathering of Submittal Data from Subcontractors and Suppliers, reviews information against plans and specs and submits to Owner through ProCore for Approval.
- Maintains and updates a complete Submittal Log
- Initiates RFIs through ProCore using information received by Project Personnel
- Maintains and updates ProCore Change Events Log with PM
- Maintains and updates ProCore Prime Contract Changes with PM
- Generates subcontractor ProCore meeting agendas and minutes
- Accurate and timely documentation of project issues in ProCore
- Works with PM/Superintendent to update and maintain project schedule in ProCore.
- Shows respect for duties of other team members.
- Supports and interacts with project TEAM perform as a cohesive team.
- Reviews project changes and identifies scope of work changes
- Coordinates local city permit and utilities company requirements with related subcontractors and owner requirements
- Makes closing out the project a priority
- Enforces contract close-out timeline and notifies subcontractors
- Works with Project Coordinator in collecting all close out documents
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, M.S Project. Knowledge of ProCore PM software preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
Five years of construction field experience in a Supervisory position and/or courses in an accredited university or college in the field of construction management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.