Now Hiring – Electrician (RUSH Facilities)
SUMMARY – Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment and appliances to supply electrical power for lighting and equipment operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned requiring skills of a like or less demanding nature.
• Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
• Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
• Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assemble, and installs electrical conduit.
• Pulls wiring through conduit.
• Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps.
• Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
• Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
• Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric range or motor, and installs grounding leads.
• Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
• Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
• Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Maintains tools and equipment in good working condition.
• Receives company provided training concerning, but not limited to, Lock Out Tag Out, Confined Space Entry, Blood Borne Pathogen, Safety, Accident Reporting and Prevention, and others, and applies this training during working hours as applicable. Reports unsafe working conditions to appropriate level as required.
• Completes required documentation for both the company and the client in timely manner. Documentation is legible and accurate to the best of the employee’s knowledge.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – None
QUALIFICATIONS – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position also requires that the incumbent be a licensed Electrician in the State of Delaware if no other licensed electrician is on staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE – Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED). Experience of not less than two years working as an electrician in industry or the military is also required with four years’ experience preferred. Knowledge, understanding and the ability to research, read, comprehend and apply applicable codes and ordinances is required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS – Must be able to read, understand and communicate in English is required. Communication includes both verbal and written skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with other tradesmen as well as peers, supervision and customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS – Simple mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Must also have the ability to understand concepts such as diameter, radius, circumference, etcetera.
REASONING ABILITY – Must have a good sense of both electrical and mechanical systems and understands the concepts that make them operate in a safe and efficient condition.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS – None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must be able to climb, work in hot or cold environments within the scope of OSHA and other applicable jurisdiction regulations, perform confined space entry via manhole or other available ingress/egress points, must be able to safely carry and or hold a minimum of fifty (50) pounds and perform all required range of motions normally expected of a person performing electrical work. Employee must be able to work standing up, sitting, crouching or lying prone while properly using hand and power tools to perform assigned tasks. Employee must be able to work while wearing prescribed safety equipment including safety shoes While performing job duties, the employee is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Reach with hands / arms are also required. The ability to communicate while working, both via speech and hearing is required. Vision requirements include the ability to see close work, see distance, use depth perception and adjust focus both for distance and for changing light conditions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Exposure to hot (up to 120 degree Fahrenheit) and Cold (down to 0 degrees Fahrenheit) for short periods of time (and with appropriate protective equipment) may be experienced. Exposure to humid and wet environments is also anticipated. Transiting from job site to job site within the environment may require the ability to bend, crawl and climb safely. The work environment frequently requires exposure to mechanical and electrical systems and equipment. Exposure to fumes, airborne particles such as dust and water vapor, possible electric shock, chemicals of a toxic or corrosive nature and vibration are also present (at times) in the work environment.
Related keywords: electrician, electrical, construction, journeyman electrician
Job Type: Full-time