Now Hiring – HVAC Technician Brevard County
HVAC Technician Job Description:
Job Title: HVAC Technician (RUSH Facilities)
Reports To: RUSH Facilities Management
FLSA Status: non-exempt
SUMMARY: Coordinates all efforts in the area of HVAC operations and maintenance. Plans and performs installation, testing, preventive maintenance and repairs, involving heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) systems, and refrigeration related control systems. Serves as the primary “expert” in the area of HVAC. Also manages and coordinates all Building Management Systems (BMS) and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties may be assigned requiring skills of a like or less demanding nature.
- Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations. Insures changes to plans and drawings are adequately communicated to management.
- Responsible for daily HVAC work performed at facility.
- Coordinates additional support needed by outside contracts and vendors as needed to maintain the integrity of all related systems.
- Orders necessary stock and repair parts to maintain operations.
- Lays out reference points for installation of structural and functional components.
- Screws, bolts, rivets, welds, and brazes parts to assemble structural and functional components such as motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, and pipes.
- Cut, thread, and connect pipes to functional components to water or power system on premises.
- Pumps specified gas or fluid into system.
- Starts system, observes operation, reads gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as valves, controls, and pumps to control level of fluid, pressure, and temperature in system.
- Dismantles malfunctioning systems and tests components.
- Replaces or adjusts defective or worn parts to repair systems.
- Insulates shells and cabinets of systems.
- Installs wiring to connect components to electric power source.
- Fills pipe system with steam, water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
- Becomes familiar with other Engineering systems including but not limited to compressed air, vacuum, oxygen, nitrous oxide, steam, chilled water, electrical distribution, emergency power, UPS, and others. Understands how these systems operate as well as the level of effort needed to maintain and troubleshoot them.
- Is familiar with and able to use computer equipment.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Maintains tools and equipment in good working condition.
- Receives company-provided training including, but not limited to, Lock Out Tag Out, Confined Space Entry, Safety, Accident Reporting and Prevention, and others, and applies this training during working hours as applicable. Reports unsafe working conditions to appropriate level as required.
- Completes required documentation for both the company and the client in a timely manner. Documentation should be legible and accurate to the best of the employee’s knowledge and ability.
The individual must be a U.S. citizen and able to pass a NASA/Federal Government background check. The individual will be required to pass an initial drug screening and random drug testing per company and client policies while employed by RUSH Facilities. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with little or no supervision. Being able to multi-task is critical to this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED). Experience of not less than five years working as a HVAC technician in industry is also required with ten years’ experience preferred. Knowledge, understanding and the ability to research, read, comprehend and apply applicable codes and ordinances are required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, understand and communicate in English is required. Communication includes both verbal and written skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with other tradesmen as well as peers, supervisors and customers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform simple mathematics, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Must also have the ability to understand concepts such as diameter, radius, circumference, etc.
REASONING ABILITY: Must have a working knowledge of mechanical systems and understand the concepts that make them operate in a safe and efficient condition. Must have a working knowledge of electrical and data communications systems and possess basic programming skills. The individual must possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: EPA 608 universal certification, Certified in fall protection. Current State Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must be able to climb, work in hot or cold environments within the scope of OSHA and other applicable jurisdiction regulations, perform confined space entry via manhole or other available ingress/egress points, must be able to safely carry and or hold a minimum of fifty (50) pounds and perform all required range of motions normally expected of a person performing HVAC work. Employee must be able to work standing up, sitting, crouching or lying prone while properly using hand and power tools to perform assigned tasks. Employee must be able to work while wearing prescribed safety equipment including safety shoes. While performing job duties, the employee is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Reach with hands / arms is also required. The ability to communicate while working, using speech and hearing, is required. Vision requirements include the ability to see work up close and from afar, see distance, use depth perception and adjust focus both for distance and for changing light conditions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Exposure to hot (up to 120 degree Fahrenheit) and Cold (down to 0 degrees Fahrenheit) for short periods of time (and with appropriate protective equipment) may be experienced. Exposure to humid and wet environments is also anticipated. Transitioning from job site to job site within the environment may require the ability to bend, crawl and climb safely. The work environment frequently requires exposure to mechanical and electrical systems and equipment. Exposure to fumes, airborne particles such as dust and water vapor, possible electric shock, chemicals of a toxic or corrosive nature and vibration (may be present at times) in the work environment. Must be able to work aloft with proper safety equipment provided.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for any of the above positions, you can submit your resume OR complete the application below. Please be sure to indicate the position for which you are applying.
Prior to filling out an application or submitting a resume for employment, you should be aware of possible restrictions and/or denial of employment. RUSH Construction, Inc. is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer.
- RUSH Construction, Inc. is proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace, therefore, if you cannot pass a standard drug test, there is no need to submit your application.
- Many of our projects are located on U.S. Military Bases and there are security requirements you are required to provide prior to entry to the base. You are required to prove your citizenship by providing a birth certificate, passport, voter registration cared, resident alien card or certificated of naturalization. (Social Security Cards and Driver’s Licenses will not be accepted as proof of citizenship).
- You will also need a current vehicle registration and current proof of auto insurance to gain access to the base. Original documents must be brought with you to the base PASS & REGISTRATION when receiving your badge.
- Your application information is subject to a National Criminal Background Check to obtain access to the Military Base, therefore, if you have ever been convicted of a felony, you will not be able to work on the base. Be aware that failure to pass this background check may severely limit your ability to work on RUSH projects.
- RUSH routinely works with joint venture partners in the performance of contracts. As such, RUSH employees are occasionally transferred to the employment of our partners on a temporary basis. In these cases, the above requirement and restrictions still apply.