Headquartered on the beautiful Space Coast of Florida, RUSH Construction, Inc., (RUSH) is an employee-owned, General Contractor, Design-Builder, and Construction Manager seeking a qualified Project Manager to join our team. Celebrating our thirty-seventh (37th) year as a business, RUSH is a family of companies supporting Air, Space, Land and Sea. (See a list of select clients, and links to more information at the bottom.)
RUSH has earned these distinctions:
- Proven credentials in the construction of “Green” buildings, having six (6) LEED-certified buildings in our portfolio of projects either at the Gold or Silver level.
- Extensive and award-winning safety program with over 19 years and 3.4 million man-hours without a lost-time accident. We employ a full time Safety Director.
- RUSH staff includes four (4) State of Florida Class “A” licensed General Contractors, three (3) State of Florida Class “B” Building Contractors, and two (2) LEED Accredited Professionals.
The position is long-term with an excellent benefits and compensation package, including potential for stock participation. This position has a unique growth path. There is limited or no overnight travel.
RUSH Construction, Inc. is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer. All inquiries will be strictly confidential.
Project Manager Job Overview
Ability to manage multiple subcontractors for each required division and ensure compliance with plans and specifications and schedule adherence. Organize, analyze and coordinate multiple projects to beat schedule timelines and exceed profit projections. (20% of time.)
Liaison with subcontractors to manage relationships during construction and ensure all design needs and deadlines are met. (20% of time.)
Negotiate terms of agreements as needed and draft contracts. (20% of time.)
Ability to converse and deal with all types of personalities and keep the company objectives and Core Values in the forefront. (20% of time.)
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES OF PROJECT MANAGER
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion, directing site staff and subcontractors. You are the go-to person for our clients for their project.
- Ability to create, manage and update the construction project schedule based on project requirements.
- Ability to create, manage, update and control the project budget to ensure profitability.
- Ensure compliance with building and safety regulations for all onsite and offsite construction.
- Fulfill contractual conditions of performance and ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Analyze daily status review of work progress with internal and external job reporting.
- Plan to prevent problems and resolve any emerging issues.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks.
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses.
- Comfortable with collaboration.
- Receptive to new ideas and methods when they merit consideration.
- Resourceful when managing assets.
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process and ability to plan and see the “big picture”.
- Degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field or 5 year’s project management experience is required.
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods, building products, relevant rules, regulations and quality standards are a plus.
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with construction management software. MS Projects, MS office, PROCORE are required.
- Strong communication, leadership, crisis management, conflict resolution and human resources management skills.
RUSH is an equal-opportunity employer and offers an excellent compensation package and a unique growth path for this position.
We are currently only recruiting in from Eastern Central Florida.
RUSH family of companies also includes RUSH Marine, LLC, our heavy marine/civil division and RUSH Facilities LLC, our building maintenance/services division. As an award-winning company, we specialize in serving the needs of select clients in Florida:
…and many others.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please click on the link below to view our company brochure/videos along with our capabilities statement. https://spaces.hightail.com/space/wG0y1gDmIf
We also suggest applicants look at our company website www.rushinc.com to review more information and social media site along with samples of some of our under-construction projects.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for any of the above positions, you can submit your resume OR complete the application below. Please be sure to indicate the position for which you are applying.
Prior to filling out an application or submitting a resume for employment, you should be aware of possible restrictions and/or denial of employment. RUSH Construction, Inc. is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer.
- RUSH Construction, Inc. is proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace, therefore, if you cannot pass a standard drug test, there is no need to submit your application.
- Many of our projects are located on U.S. Military Bases and there are security requirements you are required to provide prior to entry to the base. You are required to prove your citizenship by providing a birth certificate, passport, voter registration cared, resident alien card or certificated of naturalization. (Social Security Cards and Driver’s Licenses will not be accepted as proof of citizenship).
- You will also need a current vehicle registration and current proof of auto insurance to gain access to the base. Original documents must be brought with you to the base PASS & REGISTRATION when receiving your badge.
- Your application information is subject to a National Criminal Background Check to obtain access to the Military Base, therefore, if you have ever been convicted of a felony, you will not be able to work on the base. Be aware that failure to pass this background check may severely limit your ability to work on RUSH projects.
- RUSH routinely works with joint venture partners in the performance of contracts. As such, RUSH employees are occasionally transferred to the employment of our partners on a temporary basis. In these cases, the above requirement and restrictions still apply.