Shawn began his career at RUSH Construction in January 2001, working as a Carpenter for 2 years. Upon returning to Florida in 2007 after living in Colorado for 3 years, Shawn rejoined the RUSH team. During this time, Shawn’s responsibilities have evolved from Carpenter to Superintendent and Quality Control Manager. After completing his Bachelor’s Degree in April of 2013, Lucas was promoted to Assistant Safety Director.
He assumed the duties and title of Director of Safety and Quality in late February of 2016, following the retirement of his mentor, Paul Stewart, who held the position for 19 years. Shawn’s broad range of responsibilities and experience give him a unique perspective on the challenges of keeping workers safe on the job site.
- Bachelor of Science Occupational Safety and Health, Columbia Southern University
- State of Florida Certified Building Contractor #CBC1260525
- USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors
- Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC)
- OSHA 30 Hour Safety Course
- First Aid CPR & AED Training
- Barn Light Electric Manufacturing Renovation & Rear Addition, Barn Light Electric – Titusville, FL, $898,589
- Replace Operations Building, Fuel Storage Area No. 1, NASA – Cape Canaveral AFS, FL, $1,260,351 (LEED® Gold Project)
- Generator / Emergency Power, USACE – Naval Air Station Key West, FL, $433,910
- Infrastructure Modifications, Water Tower and Sound Suppression LC39B, NASA – KSC, FL, $1,708,925
- Ron Norris Honda & Buick/GMC Dealerships, Ron Norris, Inc. – Titusville, FL, $4.9 Million
- Design/Build EOD Facility, MacDill AFB, FL – $3,200,000.00 Design and build a new facility that will house 19 staff members
- HVAC Repairs Key West, NAS KW, FL – $1,098,000 Refurbishment of HVAC Systems in 2 Dormitories